Thursday, January 12, 2006

Brain to mouth complex.....

Ok... or lack there of...

Here's one of my biggest pet peeves ever....

When I'm eating something, don't make a comment about it. I am eating it because I like it. There's someone (who shall remain nameless) who I spend about 8 hours a day with in this office who constantly have to make comments about everything. If there's a day I can work with this person without hearing her complain, I'd be a much happier person. Seriously.

So I sit here eating my lunch.....I hear this...

"Ew what is that smell?"

It's my food you fucking inconsiderate bitch.

What are you eating? she asks me. I'm eating Thai food. You didn't have to come in here and smell it. If you stayed in your hole back there, you wouldn't smell it and I wouldn't have to hear your comment. It's not like I'm eating something completely disgusting, like fried fish or something. In fact, I think Thai cuisine smells pretty good.

I think I'm just annoyed by her in general.

If you don't have something nice to say at least once or twice a day, don't say anything. I don't want to hear it. If you're going to complain about something every day.... go see a therapist. You're so fucking unhappy about life, don't take it out here. no one wants to hear you!

::end rant::

1 comment:

Lisa Mc. said...

I once had a Chinese Roommate. Her mother came to visit and I didn't know she was there yet. I had no idea anyone was cooking. I came home and smelled the most horrendous smell. It smelled like rotting bodies covered in crap from a gas station toilet in a garbage dump. As I walked in the door I called out "What the hell is that disgusting smell?????" This little Chinese woman came out of of the kitchen "Oh Hi Meeeese Leeeesa, I'm Angelines mommy"

UGH.. It gets worse. I tried to cover it up by saying "something horrible smelled out there, but wow...something sure smells good in here" I walked into the kitchen and lifted a lid, and there to my horror was about 10 severed fish heads boiling in some broth....eyeballs looking at me. I screamed.....

Wow....what an introduction to my roommate's mother.

As for your "friend" --- I know who you're talking about. If she keeps doing it, just say "It's my lunch...and to save you the misery, it's going to smell like that the next day and the next day after that".