Monday, January 02, 2006

16 Weeks

Today is a holiday for most people. But Chris went in to work for a couple of hours anyway. What a dedicated guy he is. I love him to death. :-)

This week we're about 16 weeks pregnant. I'm not quite that big yet but I can see that I'm slightly bigger in the belly. I can't suck in my stomach anymore. lol. At times I can feel the baby move. Like when I sit up and lean forward for a long period of time. The baby moves around like as if it doesn't like me sitting like that. Pretty soon I will feel 'butterflies' once the baby gets a little bigger and more mobile.

In a couple of weeks we go back to the doctor's for the triple screen test. It's a blood test that reveals whether or not your baby has genetic diceases and/or downs syndrome. If the test comes out positive for any of the above, then we go back to do an Amniosyntesis. (I have no idea if I spelled that right or not) That's when the poke a big needle in my belly to take amniotic fluid for further testing and start treatment. Of course, we hope and pray that there's nothing wrong with the baby.

In other news....

It's been raining like crazy!! Ugh. And I've been sick with a head cold. No aches and pains or anything. Just sinus issues. some of it I think is from the fact that when you're pregnant, you get more congested.

Well happy 2006!!

6 months 2 weeks until our little one joins us! Reese has been really excited. He kisses my belly... 'the baby' every day. One time he whispered "Come out!" I want Chris and Reese to talk to the babyas often as they can while I'm pregnant. That way the baby will recognize their voices when it's born.

No comments: