Friday, October 26, 2007

Old pictures

Yesterday I went to our mailbox to retrieve our mail that's been sitting in there for about a week. Lots of useless ads and some bills and a note card from my mom.

I think it's finally hit her that we're 3000 miles away and she's no longer 'home'. She misses her grandkids pretty badly and I don't blame her. She moved to Florida for good reasons. But she also sacrificed a lot of her past life.

In the envelope she sent there were a bunch of odd dimensioned photos of our us. Me, my mom, my dad, a few of me and my friends from Thailand when we lived there. One of my passport photos my dad took.

There were 2 photos in particular that caught my attention. They were polaroid pictures of me when I was about Bailey's age now. I did a double take and my jaw dropped to the floor. The image infront of me appeared exactly the same as my daughter's now. The thin hair, rolls in the neck, big eyes, unibrow, and that serious 'thinking' look on her face.

But she really does look like her dad to the T.

I will have to scan those photos somehow without damaging them and post on here.

No comments: