Friday, October 05, 2007

Appreciating my friends

I wanted to note these thoughts before I forget.

Recently I came to a realization that I really appreciate my friends.

Kelly reminded me that I have a birthday coming up and rearranged her schedule of a busy weekend so we can all have dinner together that night. I hadn't even thought about it. Much less remembered that it's coming up soon. My own mother hasn't called me on my birthday for a few years now. Every now and then I will get a 'make-up' call later in the week. Sidenote: I am her only child... how hard is it to remember?

Suzanne brought some pajamas from her daughter's closet for Bailey. I'm also the first person she tells things at work when there's something going on in her personal life. We confide in one another through the work week just to amuse ourselves because our colleagues are loonies.

I got a message from Tiffany on MySpace today saying she misses me. I really miss her and her picturesque quirkyness too.

Tonight I just found discovered the fact that my good friend Lee has my blog as a 'Blogs of Note' blog on his blog. (how many times can I say the word 'blog' in that sentence?) All I can say is DURRR! I had no idea. Chris says it's been there for months, even a year now. I had no idea I was getting such advertisement. I would have been updating this thing more often for sure.

I talk to Lisamomeesa nearly every single day. She's one person I can tell anything to and she will have something to say that's just as vibrant in personal thoughts or even more opinionated. To me, that's totally not a bad thing. I love her for being exactly that. Colorful.

Jojo keeps things real and me grounded. In life, in thoughts, all around. I can't imagine not having her to confide my random moments to. Having her in my life is like having a big sister I always wanted. Except this one doesn't go through my closet.

My bestest friend in the world Chris. Our anniversary is coming up soon.

What do I get him this year?

No comments: