Saturday, August 05, 2006

Swollowing the pride

I'm going to join 24hr fitness. Sometime next week I'll make my way down there and finally get my act together since I cant' seem to get my ass off the couch on my own at home. Not that I can't do it... it's just really hard to do with a newborn baby and a 6 year old who both require my attention 23 hours out of the day. I sure wish my matabolism was the same as it was when I were younger. Don't we all wish that though? It also doesn't help that I sit here and watch Food Network half the day and start craving things I see on TV. I remember the days when I used to be so picky about what I ate. Not so much since I've been with Chris. Which is good in my book, he's widen my palette dare I say.

My scale says I've lost one pound since last week. I'm now at 169lbs. At least it's tipping to the right direction. I am eating less that I was before. That actually surprised me the most about the change in my eating habits. My appitite seems to have lessen since Bailey's been born. I'm back to eating a little bit here and there. Can't finish a 6 inch subway sandwich anymore. Whereas when I was pregnant, I can down a whole sandwich and 3 cookies and probably be hungry 2 hours later.

I do have to adjust my diet. A LOT. I eat a lot of starch. Rice, bread, sugar, lots of sugar. I need more protein more greens. It's gonna be hard to give up sugar... probably not give up, just cut back a whole lot. Chris is going into the same diet. I'm not sure if he's doing this to help me get through it or if he's feeling like he's dragging too. We have not cooked in a long time. It's been a while since we used our kitchen at all. Dinner out of a box doesn't count. I think the last time he cooked was a fajita dinner before Bailey was born. It's just too hot to cook! At least that's our excuse.

No comments: