Friday, September 16, 2005

Dress and Flowers



So I'm crazy.... or so I've been told by many people. There are quite a few random crafty things that I'm making for this wedding. One of the biggest projects is the bouquet. It's made entirely out of seed beads. Tiny little beads...

1340 beads per flower - times about 18 - 20 flowers. Math is not my friend, but that works out to be about 24,000 beads.

And then there's the subject of my dress. Everyone was asking what style I'd wear, if I'd just designed it myself, etc. Why would I do that? I found THE perfect dress when I was browsing through a catalog. It's a J. Crew dress (in the picture). Not to mention the sweet price of only $230. Hello?? You just can't go wrong. Then I was looking around on eBay to see if someone was selling this dress. And what do you know? There are people selling this dress left and right from outlet stores. I found the perfect description (brand new, only dirty on the bottom, etc). The seller was really honest with me and told me that the bottom of the dress was dirty from being on the rack and shifted around. Which was fine with me because I would need to take it up anyway. I got the dress in the mail (dangerous way of sending important things like this) I was soooo excited. This is MY wedding dress!! And the price was even better than if I had gotten it off J. Crew. I got this dress for $75.

And now I'm taking it to the seamstress tomorrow to get fitted and have a pink matte satin sash added to the middle. Can't wait.

Shoes? Some flat Mary Jane's since Chris and I are the same height flat footed. :-)

No comments: