Thursday, December 22, 2005

Today at Subway

I learned today at Subway that the people making the sandwiches are not all the bright. Sorry those of you reading this that are currently employed at Subway. I'm just talking about the one here by my work. It just openned like last month, so I'm pretty sure that the workers are new and still getting used to the menu, etc.

The are quick, to give them some credit.

Today I can't have an extended lunch due to lack of staff at the office. Which is good in a way, it's really quiet in here for me.

Anywho....

I walked into Subway... don't really know what I want just yet. Haven't been there in forever. Finally I decided that the Chicken Parmasan looks good. It's hot, it's chicken, that should be safe.

The girl is already irritated at me because I didn't have my order ready when I walked in. I looked behind me, there's no one else in line, I'm not holding anyone up chick, Chill out.

I tell her what I want. A 6 inch chicken parmasan on wheat. She pulls out the bread and cuts it in half then looks at me and said "Do you want cheese?". Uh... doesn't the chicken parmasan COME WITH CHEESE? She said 'oh yeah'. She slaps the sauce on the bread totally messy.... ok I'll need quite a few napkins for this.

"Do you want Mayo and Mustard?"

WHAT????

Look at the picture! Do you not know what the chicken parmasan sandwich is??

I tell her that it comes with chicken, sauce, cheese, and a little grated parmasan on top.

"Do you want veggies with it?"

No, it's ok.

At this point I give up. Why do they offer certain kinds of sandwiches if they are going to ask if you want all the extra stuff? They should just offer veriety of meats, cheeses, and breads. Then you can have them slap it together and make your own sandwiches. That's essentially what you're doing there anyway. Starbucks has turned into that now. They give you the basic formula of coffees, mocha, latte, etc. Then you add and/or subtract what you want in your drink. Add shot, half caff, add syrup, no whip, etc. Makes it so much easier for everyone!

Ok, I ate my sandwich and it wasn't even that good. I just had to eat something or this baby will not be happy.

No comments: