Friday, March 21, 2008

One more day

Tomorrow Chris leaves for Tempe, Arizona. He starts his new job on Monday at 7am. I am having a hard time with the situation. I don't want to be without him. There was never a time when him and I are apart for more than 3 days. Even then it was difficult.

I am definitely not looking forward to being a single mom for the next 4 months. Chris will be coming home to see us on random weekends, but that will be far in between for me.

The kids and I will be here until Reese is done with school and we celebrate his 8th birthday in July with his friends and our family here.

I have already told people here at work and it's a shock. People don't leave this company unless they move out of state or Pete fire them. The guys (and gals) here have been calling and wishing us well. Eventhough I'm still here til July. It will come soon enough though.

I think Pete has a plan as to what he wants to do with the structure of the office here once I leave. It's been quite unclear as to who does what or just too much overlap and lack of communication. I think we all know what needs to be done, we just need to do it. So far, Pete has the right idea, but he's really bad at expressing his thoughts and executing it to us. I understand what he's trying to do. Someone else is in denial though and will not cooporate.

Right now, I'm looking around the Chandler/Gilbert, AZ area for construction firms I can hopefully get into. Wish me luck! God knows I'll never find Anderson Pacific down there.

No comments: