Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Take one for the road

It's official.

Chris got his offer letter to go to Jabil in Tempe, AZ. His first day on the job is March 24, 08.

What does that mean for me and the kids?

Chris will be there for the next month or so to 'try things out' and make sure it's the right choice for us before we all pack up and leave the state of California.

I'd never thought we'd say this... or at least me anyway. I can't imagine us ever buying a home here in the Silicon Valley or anywhere else in this area. I'm quite tired of people here being superficial and me trying to keep up with the trends. One of the things I remember from living in Minnesota for that one year was the fact that life was really simple there. The girls I worked with didn't care that their hair weren't highlighted every 8 weeks or had the best make-up brand on their faces or wear clothes with a certain brand name.

Hopefully that's what makes this move better. No more competing with the world and just live our lives and raise our kids.

The heat is one thing I'm not really looking forward to, but that's not a big concern. We can always install A/C.

I don't want to leave my job. Chris knows this. But I have to keep in mind that will be the only thing I am sacrificing because there would be no way I'd get my job back if we decide to come back here. (Ok there is a chance because Pete likes me).

I will miss my friends but it's not a long drive to see them or just a short flight. Chris said he'd make sure I come see my friends. He's the best hubby.

Anyway.....

More update later...

No comments: