Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Uh.... really??

This morning I strolled into my Starbucks just like I do everyday for my daily iced mocha.

I stand in line as the person infront of me place her order. The cashier told her what the total of her purchase was $4 something.

The girl hands her a $100 bill.

Starbucks girl: Um... Do you have something smaller than that?
Customer girl: No.
Starbucks girl: Well... I can't break that. We put all the $20's into a safe when we get them. We're not supposed to take anything bigger than a $20.
Customer girl: Get a key and open it
Starbucks girl: The person with the key isn't here right now. I can't break your $100. Do you have anything smaller?
Customer girl: No. Well, then my coffee is free, isn't it.

Starbucks girl just stood there, didn't know what the heck to do.

Customer girl put her $100 away, walked around to the end of the bar and grabbed her Latte and left.

Another customer behind me said outloud so she could hear "Well that's one way to get free coffee"

No comments: