Thursday, November 15, 2007

Restaurant no-more

Yesterday Chris and I met a friend at the Red Robin in Rivermark. This came after we met with a potential new daycare provider for Bailey. Not that that made any difference but keep in mind that by the time we went to Red Robin, it was 7pm. It's late for our family to have dinner by now and it's approaching Bailey's bedtime.

We get our seat. The waiter brought us drinks. And right then, it was over.

Bailey wanted to play with my glass of coke, the ice in it was her ultimate goal. The straw was in the way so she threw it out of my reach. Not to mention she didn't like the booster seat they gave her. She took a piece of ice then realized it's been soaking in Coke. So now she wants to drink my drink. I took it away from her and she threw a tantrum.

Chris took her outside to distract her while I place our orders.

They came back inside when we got the chicken wings. Of course she wanted some of those. I gave her a celery stick dipped in ranch. mmmmmm... that kept her for a while, but damn, that coke is still sitting there calling her name.

She tried to climb on the table to get to the coke or anything else she's not supposed to touch. The second I'd say no, she screamed.

Finally, I ate my burger in 2.5 seconds flat... grabbed our stuff and took her outside. Chris stayed behind and ate his food with Reese.

In the meantime, Reese just sat there watching the tv show I downloaded on my iPod the entire time without a peep. I couldn't help to think that he was just like Bailey at one point in his life and it was over before I knew it. I have to keep that in mind and repeat to myself - Someday we will be able to eat in a restaurant again - over and over.

On a different note: PROJECT RUNWAY is back on! Season 4 baby!!!

No comments: