Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Why...

Why do I have to beg for help? I'm talking about the daily grind. Help at home is not an issue.

There is available and capable hands... yet I get nothing. I was told once before that they refuse new information for one. Not only that, but the help doesn't seem to like being there in the first place. There have been times when my knowledge of previous duties were needed eventhough I was sick as a dog and really could use a day off to rest. But no... I can't ... we're short-handed. Isn't that a bitch?

There are so many things I want to say... and I already have to the powers-that-be... yet more chances are given. For some reason, I thought we're into doing serious business. I guess I'm a fool for assuming things should be done properly.

I am going to sound like a real bitch for complaining but here goes...

I seriously thought about taking breaks to compare how much I don't get done (not to mention covering for whomever) 10-15 minute breaks 5-6 times a day. PLUS the one hour lunch outside of the office I already get. Obviously, there is too much to do in one day for me to be able to pull something like that. The man in the corner office would raise an eyebrow and question my commitments. True, I would never jeopardize my 7 years of tenure. On the other hand, this exact schedule goes on every day.

Dressing appropriately. Come on. Like I said on the above paragraph. Could have swarn we're in business to be professional and present ourselves as such. Flip-flops, camisole tank tops, and denim cropped pants every single day is sloppy. It's really too bad we don't have a written in stone dress code.

Speaking of things written in stone. 7 years ago I was told from day one that I needed to be there during the hours of 8am to 5pm Monday thru Friday, no more, no less. And there's no leaving on days we're bidding for projects. It's stressful on the estimators as it is without having to answer the phones, fetching their own faxes, and simultaneously working on other projects and troubleshooting field issues. Now that I'm in the shoes of an estimator, I understand how important my role used to be. The role was handed to someone who could careless.

The attitude. The moodiness. The self-inflicted injuries. The less than professional way of handling multiple tasks.

It was inevitable that I'd end up pouring it all in here. I am pissed off and I can't handle it anymore.

No comments: