Thursday, May 24, 2007

American Idol

Now that it's over... I can freely write about it. Not that I couldn't before, just didn't want to write prematurely.

So last night Jordin won. I think America picked the right Idol. As they always do, in my opinion. However, this year I predicted the wrong winner. I had an inkling that Melinda would win. I had a theory, you see. There are two criterias all of the past American Idol winners had in common. All of them are from the south and all of them have never been on the bottom two.




Kelly - Texas

Ruben - Alabama

Fantasia - North Carolina

Carrie - Oklahoma

Taylor - Alabama


Jordin - Arizona.... ??

Melinda hails from Nashville. In my book she was already a default winner. When she came out last night with the Winans. My first thought was that's where she belonged.

Oh well.


I do have to say that Jordin has an amazing voice and she will be successful regardless. Blake will have a career also, just in a different genre. Just like Taylor and Katharine McPhee. Love her music, but Taylor was a shoe-in.

Last night I did miss almost the first hour of the program because I thought it came on at 9pm like it usually does. Oops. We turned it on right where Blake was beatboxing with Doug-e-fresh. That's pretty cool. The African Children's choir made me cry. I don't know why. They were adorable! Sanjaya had to sing... again. I muted the tv.

Ryan Seacrest annoys the crap out of me.

Kelly Clarkson IS American Idol.

Gladys Knight made my night with the girls singing Midnight Train to Georgia. If I remember correctly, LaKeisha sang it in the beginning of the season back when top 12 were still around.

Love my girl Gina Glockson. She will also be fine. Reminds me a lot of Amy Lee... infact, she sang Call me when you're sober in the beginning and nailed it. Love that song.

Carrie Underwood - this girl is in a class of her own. What an amazing voice and performer. Humble as can be. Too bad she's country. I can handle about 2 seconds of country music and then I'd have to strangle someone.

I'm sure I'm not the only one thinking to myself while watching Bette Midler perform Wings Beneath My Wings - She's horrible! What a mess that was. Did she think it was a joke? I guess you have to see it to know what I'm referring to. I know very little about music and I knew she was out of tune. Cracking everywhere. It was actually painful to watch.

Ok ... I have to get to work. Much to do and not enough time.
Tonight So You Think You Can Dance STARTS!!

No comments: