Monday, April 03, 2006

31 almost 32 weeks

For the first time in my life I felt those Braxton-Hicks contractions. It was yesterday while driving home from my mom's. It scared the living shit out of me. When I was pregnant with Reese, I didn't experience any contractions until I was induced with patocin in the hospital after my water already broke.

I came home and told Chris and realized that I am scared. It's a sign that this baby is coming soon and my body is 'warming up' for the real thing. The difference is that I know what to expect this time and Chris is there with me. Doesn't take the fear away completely however.

I read another blog this morning of a friend who just found out that she is pregnant. They have been trying for quite some time. In fact about 7 months... around the same time that we got pregnant. She finally getting her lifelong wish of becoming a mother. Having her own family. A baby is a precious gift and I'm sure she realizes that just by talking with her and reading her posts.

Some of the things that she wrote on her blog makes me think about how I am doing as a parent. Of course every mom criticizes themselves every day. If not, I think you have an issue. Every day I thank my lucky stars that Reese is a good boy and that this little girl inside me will come out the same if not better. I know that it takes the effort of the parents to mold your child into who they grow up to be. 50% of the time. 50% if it is them wanting to be that person and willing to work with you. One of the things that I did with Reese was when he started the tantrum thing I tried to stop it from day one. I'm sure I'm not the first one to try that, but with him, it worked for the most part.

I just know that Reese needs a lot of love and TLC being the sensitive guy that he is.

2 comments:

Lisa Mc. said...

huh... I was just thinking.... I don't think I've ever seen Reese throw a tantrum. Oh, there's the typical "I don't wanna go to bed" or a little pout, or something like that, but the all out throw himself on the ground screaming and kicking... I don't think I've ever seen that.

What ever you did must have worked. ;-)

The one I love is when Reese gets in trouble for doing something and you scold him and then he comes up to you and in the SWEEEEETEST voice possible says "I want to be a good boy, Mommy" with those big brown eyes. Awww, it just melts my heart.

I can't wait to meet Bailey.

Kanika Clavejo said...

Reese can be whiney, but he hasn't thrown a tantrum since he was maybe 3 years old. We're hoping and praying that Bailey will be calm and as easy as her brother was and still is.

Even his teacher says that he thinks with his heart. He's a very sensitive, giving little boy.