Thursday, November 24, 2005

Doctor doctor.....give me some news....

"... you need to drink more water" doctor Phan says as I hand him my container of urine sample.

"told you....." Says Chris.

I have been drinking a lot more water than I normally do lately. ok, just over the last couple of days I have been since I passed out on Sunday.

We also told Dr. Phan about me passing out in the toy store. He's worried that I might have other conditions we're not aware of. Being pregnant is part of the onset, but I shouldn't be easily passing out like that. He recommended that I go see my regular doctor to get an EKG. Just to make sure there's nothing else going on that will harm me or the baby. By this time, Chris is sitting there really worried.

Dr. Phan went through some regular first visit interview questions. Health backgrounds of both families, my last pregnancy with Reese, any history of abuse, and then over all physical exam. We did the regular yearly check up just to make sure everything is healthy down there and then a breast exam.

My boobs feel like they're twice as big now.... and I'm only 9 weeks pregnant. At the end of my pregnancy with Reese, I was a D cup. Imagine that.

..... and then he said the magic words Chris has been waiting to hear....

'Let's take a look on the monitor how big the baby is...'

We saw the baby.... it was moving around. Chris said that 'she' was pissed off because we were invading her house. The doc printed off a picture of the baby showing her head, eyes, arm, and body. He checked for all organs that are supposed to be there at that stage.

We saw the heart beating too....

Tiny little spot pulsing on the screen. Yey!!

Chris is smiling from ear to ear. He's so happy he's about to have a baby. He's going to be a dad from day 1. (Not exactly the same as being a dad from age 4)

We're done with our hour long first prenatal appointment. Tons of good thoughts are going through our heads. It's real now. IT'S REAL! We saw the baby. She was moving around in there saying 'Don't you love me???' Chris is feeling he should be more protective than ever. He has 3 of us to take care of now.... me, Reese, and baby.

Before we left, the doc gave me a few packages of prenatal vitamins that are easier to take. They're gel, so they go down real smooth for me. Thank god they make that. The griddy stuff was gagging me everytime. makes me not want to take them.

I go to give blood for more testing. They test for everything. As soon as the blood enters the vile.... the lady taking my blood says "you need to drink more water" My blood was really thick and really dark.

OK OK I GET IT.

My new goal in life is to drink 3-4 bottles of water a day.

More importantly...... There's a baby in my belly!!

No comments: